The ECoMMFiT Seminar series meets twice a month to discuss about the broad spectrum of research in fluids
carried out inside and outside the group. It is a great opportunity for our community (students, postdocs
and faculty members) and for visitors to gather and share research thoughts in an informal context.
Unless indicated otherwise the seminars take place on Fridays from 10:00 am to 11:00 am in Lab. Room 111
of Department of Mechanical Engineering.
If you are willing to participate, we would be glad to have you giving a seminar and meeting our community. Please feel free to contact us by email.
NOTE: Seminar announcement is done via email. If you would like to be added to our distribution list then please send a request to Lluís Vàzquez.
- Data to be defined, Analysis and flow comparison of airflow in Palau Güell's chimneys, Jordi Iglesias, Ecommfit, URV.
- February 28th, 2020, Numerical Tool for Pollution Dispersion Simulations, Gonzalo Fernández, Ecommfit, URV.
- February 14th, 2020, Prediction of particle deposition in enclosed turbulent natural convection flows using mixed convection boundary layer approximations: A first step to find quick answers to questions such as "When do we have to clean art works inside display cases?", Jordi Pallarès, Ecommfit, URV.
- January 31st, 2020, Numerical simulation of particle advection and deposition in enclosed turbulent flows driven by natural convection, Alexandre Fabregat, Ecommfit, URV.
- April 26th, 2019, Particle tracking in coastal waters with application to plastic pollution, José M. Alsina, Laboratory of Maritime Engineering, UPC.
- December 14th, 2018, Jet flow control applied to a projectile, Mohsen Goraki Fard, URV.
- November 15th, 2018, Numerical and experimental analysis in a cylindrical cavity with a rotating lid, Joshua David Selvaraj, URV.
- October 20th, 2018, Flow control using local unsteady heating, Rafael Jurado Cruz, URV.
- July 13th, 2018, 3D Numerical study of flow regime within bubble column reactor (BCR), Mojtaba Goraki Fard, URV.
- June 29th, 2018, Magnetohydrodinamics for fusion nuclear reactor cooling, Daniel Suárez, Tecnatom.
- June 15th, 2018, Numerical & experimental study of flow in cylindrical cavity, Joshua David Selvaraj, URV.
- June 1st, 2018, Effect of free surface on a flat plate translating normal to the flow, Sukruth Satheesh, URV.
- May 18th, 2018, Tribological and mechanical characterization of copper-alloy/diamond composites for the use in glass molding industry, Mohammadjavad Norouzi, URV.
- May 11th, 2018, Numerical simulation of non-premixed laminar flame behavior with electric fields and buoyancy, Claudia López, Irvine University, California, USA.
- May 4th, 2018, Models numèrics: de la dinàmica de fluids a l'energia, Jordi Solé, Institut de Ciències del Mar, Barcelona.
- April 27th, 2018, Fluid structure interaction simulations involving free surface, Héctor Díaz, URV.
- March 16th, 2018, Numerical simulation of atmospheric pollutants dispersion in an urban environment, Gonzalo Fernández, Universidad de la República, Uruguay.
- March 2nd, 2018, Meshless Methods for Heat conduction simulation, Javier Neira, URV.
- February 2nd, 2018, Particle dispersion in a double-diffusive turbulent layer, Jordi Pallarès, URV.
- December 15th, 2017, Dynamics and efficiency of two flapping foils in a quiescent fluid, Francesc Huera, URV.
- December 1st, 2017, A coupled Discrete Element and Finite Volume Methods for the simulation of elastic bodies, Paolo Sassi, URV.
- November 10th, 2017, CFD case studies and code development, Ferran Gisbert, ITP.
- November 3rd, 2017, Simulation of wind farms operation using CFD and Actuator Line Model, Andrés Guggeri, Universidad de la República, Uruguay.
- October 20th, 2017, Numerical Simulations of Droplet Breakup in Homogeneous Isotropic Turbulence, Àlex Fabregat, URV.
- June 30th, 2017, A dinamica de N-corpos sobre superfícies, as leis de Maxwell & os axiomas da Mecanica, Stefanella Boatto, Instituto de Matemática, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro.
- June 16th, 2017, Numerical modeling of ferrous iron oxidation in a split-rectangular airlift reactor, Youssef Stiriba, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- June 2nd, 2017, Energy-conserving algorithm for molecular dynamics simulations, Clara Salueña, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- May 19th, 2017, The Bénard-Marangoni instability, phase transition in capillary driven thermal convection, Clément Haeck, LIFE - URV.
- May 5th, 2017, On the impact of reboosting manouvers in DCMIX1 experiments: Pure molecular diffusion of ternary liquid systems, Rafael Jurado Cruz, Área Física Aplicada del Departamento de Química Física e Inorgánica - URV.
- March 31st, 2017, CFD Simulation of the Effect of Coalescence Behavior of Liquid on Bubble Column Hydrodynamics, Mojtaba Goraki Fard, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- March 17th, 2017, Sensitivity of Vortex-Induced Vibrations to localized perturbations in the wake, Dr. Francisco Huera, LIFE - URV.
- March 3rd, 2017, Particle dispersion on a circular shear layer, Dr. Jordi Pallarès, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- February 3rd, 2017, On the route to turbulence, Dr. Sebastian Altmeyer, IST, Institute of Science and Technology, Austria.
- November 11th, 2016, Simulación Numérica Multidinámica, Dr. Gabriel Usera, IMFIA/Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad de la República, Uruguay.
- October 28th, 2016, Hydrodynamic Modeling of Granular Materials, Ms. Lídia Almazán, Friedrich-Alexander Universität, Erlangen-Nürnberg.
- October 14th, 2016, Clustering of long flexible fibers in two-dimensional flow fields for different Stokes numbers, Dr. Manuel Martínez, ECoMMFiT - URV.
- September 30th, 2016, Drag reduction and wake control using optimised base cavities, Dr. Jose Ignacio Jiménez. Universidad de Jaén.
- September 16th, 2016, Review of Boundary Conditions and Investigation Towards the Development of a Growth Model: a Lattice Boltzmann Method Approach, Mr. Albert Puig, ECoMMFiT - URV.